Third Party Liability Insurance
- All ROA members receive automatic third party liability insurance cover (up to a limit of liability of £10 million) against potential damages if a racehorse they own causes damage or injury to a third party.
- The ROA introduced this scheme as owners are currently vulnerable to claims even when their horse is in someone else’s possession.
- Recent tragic accidents have left many owners concerned about the risks of a claim – potentially running into millions of pounds – being brought against them by a third party for which they have inadequate protection.
- The law may define a racehorse’s owner as any individual who has a financial interest in that horse, so all members of a racing partnership should be mindful of their potential exposure to that risk.
- The ROA members’ third party liability insurance scheme applies to horses in training, horses being prepared to go into training and horses temporarily out of training.
- Terms and conditions apply.
Visit the ROA members' Third Party Liability Insurance scheme page for full policy details.
Please click here to view Frequently Asked Questions about the Scheme.
Information for Permit Holders
Please note that the ROA members' Third Party Liability Insurance Scheme does not provide primary cover, the type of which is required by both permit holders and licensed trainers.
Weatherbys Hamilton are offering Permit Trainers who are ROA members a discount of 20% on a primary policy. To get a quotation please contact Weatherbys Hamilton on 01933 440077 (Wellingborough), 01638 563444 (Newmarket) or 01793 847333 (Swindon) and state that you are an ROA member.